Visonic PG2 PowerMaster SMD-429 Wireless Smoke & Heat Detector
The PowerMaster is Visonic’s new line of wireless intruder alarm systems based on PowerG wireless technology. PowerG PG2 redefines the wireless security market with a combination of reliability, performance and an advanced feature set.
PowerG PG2 combines several field-proven, advanced wireless technologies, like those used in cellular networks and Bluetooth, with the highly reliable AES encryption method. The greatest innovation in PowerG is having these technologies operate on non-rechargeable batteries while still keeping all devices connected and online. Advanced signal jamming prevention with frequency hopping technology, this allows the system to identify interruptions in frequency and automatically adjusts to continue reliable communication.
PowerMaster has placed itself as the market leading range of wireless alarm systems. 2 way communication between devices makes installation simple and increases battery life massively. Along with advanced transmission range, PowerG PG2 devices can reach a range of up to 1.9 kilometers (line of sight).
SMD-429 PG2 is a fully supervised wireless heat and photoelectric smoke detector that is compatible with PowerMaster residential and commercial alarm systems. With a streamlined design that fits any residential or commercial application, SMD-429 PG2 has a significantly longer battery life of up to eight years, enabling easy and low-cost maintenance.
By sensing rapid temperature changes in areas where they may occur SMD-429 PG2 activates an alarm when the temperature reaches 60°C (140°F) and start increasing rapidly. The detector also achieves superior smoke detection sensitivity levels by providing early warning of a developing fire. When smoke is detected, SMD-429 PG2 issues a transmission with a loud-sounding alarm, making it impossible to miss any event.
- Modern design suitable for residential and commercial applications
- Activates an alarm when the temperature reaches 60°C (140°F) and starts increasing rapidly
- Loud (85db) alarm sound at 3m (10ft)
- Longer battery life of up to 5-8 years (according to the battery type) and easy battery replacement
- Internal sensitivity test button
- Audio and visual sensitivity degradation indicators notify when the sensor needs to be cleaned
- Simple wall or ceiling installation, with bracket
- Back tamper
- Fully certified by the most strict and demanding international standards for safety products in Europe (EN14604 for smoke detectors)
*Battery: 3xAAA (included)*